Galeria Sicart, call for artists
To start the 2013-14 season exhibition, Galeria Sicart makes a call aimed at artists who work to show suggestions, ideas or innovative projects that enable further progress in times of crisis and that open new ways within contemporary art.
This call comes from the reflection on the current state of art, considering returning to the raw material, the ideas generator, providing performance opportunities and alternative ways to understand and express the changes we are experiencing, always investing in young art.
For this reason, giving new relevance to new authors, the exhibition will be conducted by the commissioner Núria Miret*, with its first project in a gallery.
1. The artists’ selected works or projects will be part of the opening 2013-2014 season that will be held in Galeria Sicart from August 24th to September 14th, 2013.
2. This is an open call to projects or works of any subject and artistic discipline. One work or project per artist, maximum.
3. Proposals with the capacity to raise questions about the current role of art, and also able to open new ways of experimentation, will be highly valued.
4. The call will be open from 11th June to 25th July, at 23:30.
5. The registration will be effective only sending the dossier via email: email@example.com
6. The number of selected artists will depend on the quality of the works and also on the feelings appointed by the director of the gallery, Ramon Sicart and the commissioner, Núria Miret.
7. The artist agrees to give the work or project of his own from the beginning until the end of the exhibition. The agreement also concerns depositing and taking back the selected works in the gallery with appropriate packaging for handling.
8. The selected artists information and images of the works may be used by the Gallery media for the catalog publication, should be made, or the annual report of Galeria Sicart’s activities.
9. The selected projects will remain on sale with the conditions agreed upon between the artist and the gallery.
10. The participation in the competition implies acceptance of these rules.
11. Should unforeseen circumstances arise, they will be resolved by the gallery.
For any questions get in touch with Núria Miret: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information provided for the dossier:
- The artist’s personal data (full name, email and phone number)
- Artist Statement
- Work or project presented to the call (explanation and pictures).
- Works or previous projects.
Degree in Philosophy at the University of Barcelona, Masters in Contemporary Art: Analysis and Management IL3, University of Barcelona and participant in A*STUDY 2010-2011, advanced program in contemporary art, by A*DESK. Writes art critics and she is involved in many projects as independent curator.
Interested in the connections between art and philosophy, links allowing the reflection and the debate on art andsociety and providing a critical point of view towards the contemporary art scene.